PRIVACY NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS
Data controller: Duuzra Event Software Limited (“the Company” / “we”).
As part of any recruitment process, the Company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants.
You are being sent this Privacy Notice because you are applying to work with us. This Privacy Notice makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be sued, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation.
The Company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
What information does the Company collect?
The Company will collect, store and use a range of personal information about you as part of the recruitment process, in connection with your application to work with us. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history and other information you have provided in your CV and covering letter;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- information you have provided to us on our application form;
- any information you provide to us during an interview;
- any information obtained during any assessment exercise carried out as part of the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
The Company may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the Company process personal data?
The Company needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, the Company needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
The Company has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. The Company may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
The Company may also collect, store and use “special categories of personal data”, such as information about race or national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion or belief, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. We may also collect information about whether or not applicants are disabled to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. The Company processes such information to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
For some roles, the Company is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences and you will be informed if this applies to you. Where we seek this information, we do so because it is necessary for us to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment and to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role you have applied for.
We will retain your personal information for up to 2 years after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. At the end of that period, your data is securely deleted or destroyed.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in the future and we may wish to consdier you for that, we will contact you, seeking your consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes the Directors, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles. We will only share your personal information with, where applicable, a recruitment agency, the details of which you will be notified of.
If your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment, we will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and/or the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks.
The Company will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does the Company protect data?
The Company takes the security of your data seriously. It has appropriate internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees, agents and contractors in the proper performance of their duties and where they have a business need-to-know. We have put in place measures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify any applicable regulator of as suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can under certain circumstances:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact a Director of the Company.
If you believe that the Company has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the Company during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application to work with us, we will not be able to process your application.
During the recruitment processes you will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you solely based on automated decision making.
I,___________________________ (candidate name), acknowledge that on _________________________ (date), I received a copy of this Privacy Notice and that I have read and understood it.